Clindamycin is an antibiotic used for treating only serious bacterial infections. The drug is usually used for treating anaerobic bacteria. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria. Clindamycin is a common topical treatment prescribed for acne. Clindamycin can even be used to treat protozoa related infections.
How to use?
* Clindamycin is usually taken 4 times a day every six hours. However, you should only take this medication as suggested by your doctor.
* Make sure you drink at least a glass full of water when consuming this medication.
* Try to keep your body at a constant level ate least for 30 minutes after consuming this medicine. Do not lie down after consuming Clindamycin.
* Do not stop using the medicine if the symptoms of your infection have disappeared.
How far does it help treat acne?
Clindamycin is a semi synthetic antibiotic and works well when used as a topical treatment for acne. It helps in destroying P Acnes that is the acne causing bacteria. It also works as an anti inflammatory agent and reduces skin inflammation and redness. When using Clindamycin, it is important to use this product as directed so that the bacteria do not develop resistance against this medication.
Does Clindamycin have any side effects?
Following side effects may surface after use:
* Stomach upset
* Painful throat
* Yellowing eyes or skin
* White patches in mouth
* Vaginal discharge
* Skin rash and itching
* Breathing trouble
* If any of these symptoms persists or worsens, make sure you consult a doctor.
What are the available trade names for Clindamycin?
Clindamycin is available under several brand names. Some of the trades names for Clindamycin are given as follows.
* Cleocin 75 mg
* Cleocin150 mg
* Cleocin 300 mg
How to store Clindamycin?
Clindamycin should be stored at a room temperature of 68-77 degrees. This medication should be kept away from light and moisture. Keep the product away from reach of children and pets.
Are there any precautions of using Clindamycin?
* If you are allergic to Clindamycin, lincomycin, tartrazine yellow dye or aspirin; make sure you tell your doctor about the same.
* People with a kidney or a liver disease should refrain from using Clindamycin.
* Clindamycin should not be used during pregnancy as it can be harmful to the unborn baby. This medication can even pass on to the mother's milk so it should also be avoided by breast feeding mothers.
* People in elder age should be cautious when using this medicine as they can be more sensitive to side effects.
* Discuss the usage of his medication if you have a history of asthma, eczema, or allergic skin reaction.