Home remedies for acne are simple to use and quite effective. While there are a number of facial masks that can do you a lot of good, there are various other homemade acne treatments available too.
Erythromycin is an antibiotic that falls under the category of macrolide antibiotics. This drug helps in killing bacteria in the body or reduces their growth. This medication can be used to treat various infections that are caused as a result of various bacteria. It can even be used to treat skin problems like acne.
This process involves manually removing blackhead one by one. A metallic extractor with an opening towards the end is used for this purpose. However, this method is not really advised for blackheads around the lips and mouth corners. This is because the skin on these areas are extremely gentle and extraction is not a very tender way of dealing with blackheads.
If over-the-counter acne treatments and home remedies fail to provide relief, it's time you turn to one of the prescription acne treatments. Get in touch with your dermatologist and let him do the needful for you. Some of usual the prescription acne treatments are as follows:
* You can put some toothpaste on your blackhead to remove the swelling.
* Mixture of lemon and fresh water can also be applied to your face.
* Fresh mint juice is also applied in many cases.
Benzoyl peroxide is an anti-bacterial agent that is available in the form of cream, gel, and wash. It is available OTC as well as through prescription. It kills P. Acnes, the acne causing bacteria, and thus prevents acne. It is also useful for removing dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin. It is these dead skin cells which combine with sebum to create blackheads and whiteheads. It is used to cure Acne Mechanica, Infantile acne, and Pomade Acne particularly.
If you don't want to go for medications or surgical treatments, you may opt for one of the alternative acne treatments. They are effective, free from all kinds of side effects and also promote overall wellness.
Fenugreek is a powerful anti-blackhead herb. To cure your blackheads crush some fenugreek leaves and make a paste with water. Apply this on the affected area, say face, for about 10 minutes. And rise with lukewarm water. This will curtail blackhead growth. For clear skin, free from blackheads, apply this paste every night before bed.
- Milk Of Magnesia: The Magical Acne Cure
- Are There Any Natural Exfoliants That I Can Use For Acne Prone Skin?
- Top 43 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne
- Cover Up Acne Safely With Medicated Makeup
- Surgical Treatments For Acne
- Know All About Clindamycin
- Dermabrasion & Microdermabrasion
- Control Acne With Birth Control Pills
- What Acne Treatment Mistakes One Must Avoid?
- Salicylic Acid: The OTC Way To Treat Acne